Cybercrime is increasing and here are the effective ways to protect yourself
At Websiteflix, we offer many security tools to safeguard your assets. Here are a few extra steps you can tahttps://domains.netlittle.com/products/website-securityke to significantly reduce the risk of a scammer targeting your accounts during National Cybersecurity Awareness Month and beyond:
- Enroll in two-factor authentication (2FA) for your online accounts as well as your email and mobile service provider accounts. 2FA acts as an extra hurdle for scammers, even if they learn your username and password.
- Enroll in biometric security for your mobile device, where possible. A biometric login (fingerprint or facial recognition) is far more secure than a username and password on its own. It’s also a faster way to log in.
- Always use unique usernames and passwords for each of your accounts. Scammers purchase compromised login details from the hidden web and test them on various websites to find people who reuse their credentials for multiple accounts. Don’t let them find you!
- Be aware of social engineering scams. The number one way cybercrimes begin is with a malicious email link, attached document, text message, or a spoofed or compromised web page. Be wary of anyone who claims to be from IT services, alleges that there’s a virus on your device, requests remote access to your computer, or asks for a password or a one-time PIN.
- Keep your contact information up to date in case there’s an issue and your provider needs to reach you. Double-check that your phone number and email are correct or make updates at your online accounts or in the mobile app,
Want to learn more about securing your accounts? Visit our security page for further information.